Thursday 31 March 2011

MAKING A 3D HEAD PART 1

I have decided to re-write my posts on the 3-D head, basically before I was far to lazy to post long blog updates to tell everybody how it was going, so I’m doing it again,

First of all I started crafting from a plane around the eye of the character, This process was easy as I converted it to an editable poly and grabbing the edges and holding shift and dragging the edges where I wanted to and it would add an extra poly to the model, i then continued to move down the noise and then around the mouth, to do this I had to copy the face by following it with the plane, the plane had to be crafted around 2 drawings, one picture of a character from the front and one from the side if I followed both pictures simultaneously the face would begin to develop.

I then began to follow around the back of the head this bit was difficult because getting the correct shape as I only had 2 perspective pictures to work from so there was a lot of trail and error when it came to getting the shape correct, but it has come along nicely as you can see. This is all still made from the original plane which was just a blank flat poly that has begun to be moulded into our character.

After working around the back of the head I completed the dome shape of the human skull, I then went back to working around the mouth which was very difficult as there are many corves in the human face that have to be perfect for it to look right or else it will looked deformed.


No comments:

Post a Comment